Avast CloudCare (formally AVG) provides complete protection for your business or your home computer.
Includes remote IT management module to technical support etc.
It includes all the standard protection you expect from an Antivirus Program plus Centralized Internet portal and subscription based payments of either Monthly, Yearly or every two years.
Avast CloudCare – Offers a range of functions to help protect your computer without reducing speed and performance.
- Anti-Virus – protects against viruses, worms & Trojan’s that may corrupt your data or disable your computer.
- Anti-Spyware – protects against spyware that may monitor your activities or scan your computer for credit card information or passwords.
- Anti-Rootkit – protects against hidden threats and rootkits that deliver malicious content.
- Avast Active Surf-Shield – real-time protection from poisoned web pages.
- Avast Link Scanner – Scans web links to prevent you visiting harmful sites
- Avast Firewall – Helps you to control what programs are allowed access to the Internet.
- Avast Software Analyzer – Warns if any software is acting suspiciously
- Remote IT – Management to allow technical support via the Internet.
ESS is a cloud-based protection system, designed to protect against spam, viruses, phishing attacks and malware to protect your domain email server.
Avast ESS is designed to work with a Domain email server. When an email is sent to an address on your domain it is forwarded to the Avast Spam Servers, there each email is checked for various threats and either released to your email server or added to a list of possible spam.
The list of possible spam is sent to your email address at nominated times during the day for you to review and then either release or block emails marked as spam. You can also “allow from sender”. This will allow all future emails from this address to be accepted in the future.
ESS will also white-list any emails you send out, so if you send an email to a particular address that email will be added to the white list. Upon receiving an email back from that address the email will be forwarded straight to your email server (with the exception of emails that contain viruses or hazardous types of files).
The ESS email system will also hold your emails for a few days i.e. in the case where your in-house email server is offline all emails will be held on the ESS server and delivered once your email server comes back on online.
In addition to all the above ESS also provide statistical reports about your sent/received emails. If you are having an issue sending to a particular email, ESS will provide you with an easier way to find why the email can’t be sent and hopefully correct the issue.